Who We Are
The Benefits Access & Equity (BAE) Initiative was founded in 2022 and is led by four co-chairs:
The BAE Initative’s design and evaluation partners bring deep experience in public sector design, research, and evaluation:
- CivicMakers brings human centered design expertise, helping ensure BAE’s work is inclusive, collaborative, and grounded in the lived experience of those navigating benefits.
- Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality (CPI) brings evaluation expertise and science-based policy insights to BAE’s work strengthening benefits access, take up and impact.
The BAE Initiative’s Advisory Council brings deep experience in benefits access and insights to the Initiative’s plans and partnerships:
- Tim Shaw, Aspen Institute
- Sabrina De Santiago, Golden State Opportunity
- Roshena Duree, County Welfare Directors Association of California
- Esi Hutchful, Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Sara Kimberlin, Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality
- Peter Manzo, United Ways of California
- JP Petrucione, California Office of Digital Innovation
- Lenny Mendonca, Former Chief Economic and Business Advisor, State of California
- Carrie Miller, Los Angeles County Poverty Alleviation Initiative
- Aparna Ramesh, California Policy Lab
- Michelle Tonn, Alexandria House
- Zabrae Valentine, Public Good Group
- Cody Van Felden, John Burton Advocates for Youth
For any questions or media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 713-5665.